Getting Ready For Give To The Max?
Start by finding out if your company has a matching donation!
October 19, 2022
Dear Families and Friends of Math and Science Academy,
Our annual fund drive is upon us and we’re inviting you to participate. We have a big goal of raising $60,000 (about $100 per student) between now and November 19th and we can’t do it without you! Our annual fund drive coincides with Give to the Max Day on Thursday, November 18th. This marks a national day of charitable giving and we hope that you’ll choose to support MSA with a donation on that day or at any time during our fund drive. Donations of all sizes will help us reach our goal.
Why is MSA raising funds? As a public school, we receive a per pupil allocation of $6,946 from the state. This covers most, but not all, of our general expenses. Unlike traditional school districts, charter schools in Minnesota do not have the option to raise additional funds through tax levies. For example, voters just renewed an operational levy for the South Washington County Schools that adds $350 of revenue each year per student. That is why we ask our stakeholders to consider making a donation to help us cover the costs of expenses to keep the quality of our program strong for all of our students.
How will my donation be used? Funds will be used for the items below in the following order:
- Transportation for Extra-Curricular Activities: With the shortage of bus drivers and the challenges of securing buses to transport our students to extra-curricular activities, Math and Science Academy is raising funds this year to purchase two - 15 passenger vans. These vans would allow our activities the opportunity to transport our students to and from events/games/etc. and not have to rely on parents to take off work, make other arrangements, or for our students to have to drive themselves. They would also allow any and all students the opportunity to participate in activities where transportation has been an obstacle in the past. The vans could also be used during the school day to transport students/staff to educational events. MSA is hopeful to be able to offer this service to all our school community, and we hope that you will help us make this happen!
How can I donate?
- Visit our website, www.mnmsa.org, and look for the Give to the Max Day banner and donate via PayPal.
- Bring a cash or check donation to the office at any time or put it in a bucket while driving through the parking lot drop off and pick up line on November 17th-19th.
- Pay by credit card through a secure connection in the drop off and pick up line on November 17th-19th.
- Visit www.givemn.org and search for our school. We receive about 93% of your donation when it’s given through this site.
- Donate through your employer if they have a matching gifts program.
Raise $60,000 by November 19, 2022. Please show your support for MSA with a donation to help us reach this goal.