How To Double Your Donation To MSA!
Often times you can increase your effective donation to MSA by doing a little leg work in advance. Many companies will match donations made by their employee with just a little extra leg work. Here's how to get started:
- Check with your company's HR department to see if the company will match your Give to the Max donation to MSA. They often ask "Is MSA a IRS registered non profit?", the answer is YES!
- If they do match ask the following questions:
- How much will they match?
- What paperwork would you need to fill out?
- How do you or the school get the matching funds?
- What would you need from MSA to prove you made a donation?
- Some companies also make donations if employees volunteer their time, some for as little as 10 hours of volunteer work. We have many opportunities for volunteers, so if you are interested and your company would donate on your behalf, please contact us.
Companies That Match Donations
MSA has compiled a list of companies that we know have "matched" before. Click here to view this list.
Specific Company Guidance
3M Will match up to $500 of your pledge to MSA. 3M will also donate $500 to MSA if you volunteer for at least 24 hours in a given year. Here are the steps to get a matching donation:
- From within 3M's network: navigate to go.3M/Pledge
- Click “I Accept Box” to access site. No commitment yet
- Click “Community Giving Campign”
- Scroll to Organization Search and type in information for Math and Science Academy
- Click “Select” next to Math and Science Acdemy
- Follow instructions to make pledge
- 3M will also donate $500 to MSA if you volunteer for at least 24 hours in a given Year
Additional information can be found on the 3m pledge site.