The MSA Board of Directors Elections
Important dates for the MSA BOD 2022 Election:
- Nominations Open - Monday, February 14th, 2022 [Done]
- Nominations Close - Thursday, March 10th, 2022 [Done]
- Elections Committee Meeting (To create ballot for approval by the BOD) - March 16th, 2022 [Done]
- Election Begins - March 25th, Electronic Voting Opens and candidate statements posted online [Done]
- Voting Closes - Friday, April 1st, 2022 @ 5:00PM CT [Done]
- Committee Certifies Results - Monday, April 4th, 2022. [Done]
- Board Certifies Results - BOD approves election results at the APRIL BOD meeting [Done]
- New Members seated - New BOD members are seated at the JUNE BOD meeting
Elections Process FAQ
What should my candidate statement contain?
As part of your self nomination, please submit a 2-3 paragraph candidate statement to the Election Committee. The statement may include why you want to serve, what experience you would bring to the board, and how you have been active in the MSA community. This statement will be posted on the MSA website during the election and your name will appear on the ballot.
Do I have the required skills and expertise?
Absolutely! The school hires qualified experts in school administration, education and employment law, accounting, and other technical matters. If you are a parent or guardian of an enrolled MSA student and are interested in ensuring MSA’s continued success, you have exactly what we need.
Who is eligible for the MSA Board?
According to the bylaws: Membership on the Board shall be in accord with Minnesota law and consist of three parents (or legal guardians) of enrolled students, four licensed teachers who are employed by MSA at .5 FTE or above, two community members who are not employed by the school and do not have a child enrolled in the school. This year, there are 3 seats up for election (1 Teacher, 1 Parent, and 1 Community Member). If you are unsure if you are elligble or if you have a conflict of interest, please check the MSA bylaws or contact the board chair (email@example.com) to clarify if you are elligible.
How much time is required?
The board typically meets for 2-3 hours on the third Monday of each month. There are also one hour workshops before all regular BOD meetings. Memers are usually expected to serve on at least one BOD committee. There may also be special meetings throughout the year.
What's involved in the campaign?
After you become a nominee, you are asked to submit a 2-3 paragraph candidate statement to the Election Committee. This statement will be posted on the MSA website during the election and your name will appear on the ballot.