About MSA For New Families
The Math and Science Academy (MSA) is an innovative Charter School that is located in the City Center neighborhood of Woodbury, Minnesota. MSA is a tuition-free public school that serves students in grades six through twelve. It has a tradition of offering intense math and science experiences with the added distinction of providing creative and challenging opportunities in arts and humanities.
To meet this challenge, MSA students are expected to value and seek out their education. Students must be willing to diligently apply themselves to their studies, and be well organized and disciplined in their educational pursuits. Students are given opportunities to excel in rigorous math, science, humanities, music, art, and foreign language curriculums that reward critical thinking, effective time management, and collaboration with peers. These opportunities allow students to develop skills and competencies in many aspects of their lives; they provide a strong educational foundation which students can build upon after graduation.
Students are held to high standards in their academic work and their behavior, and they are expected to self-advocate to achieve these expectations. The students are expected to act responsibly towards their classmates, their teachers, the school staff, MSA family members, and themselves.
Our small school and small class sizes foster meaningful interaction among faculty, students, staff, and parents while promoting an atmosphere of self-advocacy, accountability, respect, and responsibility. MSA educates students to become leaders who have acquired excellent communication skills, conceptual understanding, and the ability to make wise choices that will lead to success.
Since MSA is a charter school and is run by parents and teachers, families need to be aware of the opportunities and responsibilities they have in ensuring the success of MSA students. MSA families are expected to support the policies of the school and the students in their studies.
MSA's Vision and Mission
To be an innovative, sustainable model of academic excellence that creates well-rounded, lifelong learners and global citizens.
To offer intense math, science and technology experiences and challenging opportunities in the arts and humanities. To develop lifelong learning skills, including critical thinking, leadership skills, volunteerism and collaboration with peers.
Our Core Values
- MSA will foster a safe environment where every voice is heard and individuals are free to take risks.
- MSA will continue to improve performance and recognize outstanding achievement.
- MSA will empower students to develop skills in organization, time management and self-discipline.
- MSA will continuously evaluate and improve our program to ensure the highest quality of education.
- MSA will encourage networking, collaboration, and open communication between all members of our community.
- MSA will encourage students and staff to show respect for others and their views.
- MSA students and staff will exhibit fairness, cooperation, integrity and honesty.
- MSA students and staff will take responsibility for their actions.
- MSA will encourage students, their parents and staff to volunteer at school.
- MSA will set high expectations for teaching and learning.
Math and Science Academy
8430 Woodbury Crossing
Woodbury MN 55125
Liz Wynne - Director
(763) 557-6676 | firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 581639
Minneapolis, MN 55458-1639