MSA Covid-19 Update - 9/6/2022
For the 2022-23 school year, COVID-19 will be handled in the same way we address other communicable diseases (flu, rotavirus, etc.) At this time, MSA will continue to follow current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidelines. The CDC and MDH do not require schools to institute extra health and safety protocols to address COVID-19, however, the following will guide our COVID-19 response.
If you have tested positive:
If you have had an exposure:
As a reminder, all absences need to be reported to the attendance line and report the following:
- Nature of why they are absent (ill, appt, out of town etc)
- If your child has symptoms of, or has been diagnosed with, any communicable diseases (influenza, chicken pox, strep throat etc)
- Please see the attendance policy regarding excessive illness absences.
IS MY CHILD OKAY TO GO TO SCHOOL?
- If your child has a fever of 100.4°F or more, keep them home for 24 hours after the temperature returns to normal without using fever reducing medication.
- If your child has vomited one or more times, keep them home until 24 hours after the last episode.
- If your child has diarrhea and needs to use the bathroom frequently.
- If your child has a rash that the cause is unknown, check with a health care provider before sending them to school.
- If your child has an illness that prevents them from participating in routine activities.
ILLNESS AT SCHOOL
- If your child becomes ill at school and needs to go home, MSA will contact a parent/guardian. Children must call from the main office and not from their cell phones.
- If staff are unable to reach parents/guardians and determine that the student must go home, the emergency contacts will then be called.
- It is important for parents/guardians to provide an emergency contact that is available during the school day.
- Your child will not be allowed to leave with any person who is not listed as an emergency contact unless we have your verbal permission to allow an alternate person to pick up your child.
- Your child will not be allowed to leave school without contacting an adult.